Pets, stories about pets and a giveaway are perfect for a Friday. We have all three today so join us as our guest author Tim Rowland author of Creature Features shares with us how he came to write about animals. Be sure to enter the giveaway to win a copy of Tim Rowland’s book, Creature Features.
Some writers are born with animals, some writers have animals thrust upon them. I had both. I grew up in 4-H and raised goats and pigs; 30 years later I married an “animal enabler” who owned 14 acres of ground, and we were off. My mid-life crisis involved farrowing pigs, milking goats, horribly obnoxious turkeys, lovable cattle, a goofy horse, dogs and cats living together et. al.
This is why I never criticize men who just choose to go with the Ferrari.
But in between my early and late animal encounters, I became a writer. And being a writer, there is always this niggling urge—it’s more than that; “compulsion” would be the more accurate word—to write about critters. I suspect there are actual 12-step programs designed to help writers who have become powerless to control the urge. But I haven’t stumbled upon one yet, so I remain addicted to the many phases of animalistic personalities that have given me so much personal and professional satisfaction.
How to Enter:
- Leave a comment
- Subscribe to email updates
- Winners in the U.S. or Canada can choose the version of the book they wish to receive print or ebook. International winners will receive the ebook version of the book.
- Like the blog’s facebook page
- Like the blog’s twitter page
- Share this post on facebook or twitter
- A winner will be picked on Friday, February 22, 2013
- The winner of the contest will be announced on this blog
- Your prize will be mailed to you within 2 weeks of announcement
- To visit the author’s site click here